“Hello there, it’s nice to meet you”, she said as she stared at the strange yet familiar face in the mirror.Anon
A few weeks ago, I wrote about living intentionally. If you haven’t read that post yet check it out here. As I go around doing my best to live with intention, setting goals for my life and trying every day to make my dreams come true, I have really started to appreciate just how important it is to try and understand myself a little better. I feel strongly that I can’t go about the business of figuring out my life, the direction I need to go or the decisions I need to make, without embarking on a life-long journey of self –discovery.
Thankfully, I have recently rediscovered journaling. It is a really powerful and fun tool to find out things you didn’t even know about yourself, your thoughts, secret hopes and all that good stuff. I definitely recommend it for anyone. If you are into journaling or would like to start but have no clue where to begin, I have put together a list of prompts that could help you figure out what to journal about. You will be surprised the things you will discover about yourself and how just knowing the smallest details about yourself and your feelings can help you live a more intentional and productive life.
- What are you grateful for?
- What little things bring you joy?
- What three things would you like to do more?
- Three things you want to do less of?
- What did your life look like a decade ago?
- What is your worst fear?
- What holds you back?
- What do you love the most about this time in your life?
- Something you are proud of?
- What are your priorities?
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- What is your dream job?
- Something you never want to forget?
- What you love about yourself.
- Sum up your beliefs/convictions on one page.
- What are you currently reading?
- What would you do if money was no object?
- Last thing you celebrated?
- What is home to you?
- Week’s highs and lows?
- Three things no one knows about you.
- A common misconception people make about you.
- The quote you live by.
- Best thing that happened this week.
- What is currently stressing you out?
- Write about someone you love
- What do you need to be content?
- Three things you know you do well, hands down.
- A regret you have.
- Current playlist.
- Write about someone you admire.
- Ten places you would like to visit.
- What are the five weird things you like?
- Something you are excited about.
- Favorite way to unwind.
- How would you like people to describe you?
- Earliest memory.
- What are some of your favorite places?
- How have you changed since last year?
- What do you love the most about being alive?
Was this helpful? If it was, subscribe to The Good Life at the bottom of this page to get updates and new content delivered right to your inbox so you don’t miss a single thing.
Have an awesome week!